Saturday, November 29, 2008

Real or Fake?

I have fake, but I wish they were real. I get so jealous when I see all these people with real ones. The whole experience with real is so much better, but unfortunately I have to settle for fake.

I'm talking about Christmas greenery, perverts. The tree, the wreath, the garland...real is just so much better, but I have to settle for fake. I have a fake tree, a fake wreath, fake garland on my mantel and none of it has that glorious Christmas smell. Real is just so expensive, and messy. And when it comes to the tree it is just too much for me to handle. I would never be able to lug a big real tree in my house and position it just right in the tree stand. Plus you have to worry about watering it and the shedding. If you believe my mom it is also a huge fire hazard. So for now I settle for fake.

Normally I am able to recreate that evergreen smell with Christmas scented oil air fresheners from Glade or Air Wick, but when I looked at Target tonight they had none! They did have one called "Glistening Snow", but it smelled like soap, not a Christmas tree. I may have to settle for a Yankee Candle, but I really want to find an air freshener so I can come home every day to the smell of Christmas.

And one day when I have a big strapping husband and a car load of kids, I will splurge for the real thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I went online...yes, they still make the holiday smell of Evergreen. I looked at CVS...nothing! I cant believe that Target is going to let me down. I am now on a mission.

Anonymous said...

You should try febreeze air freshner - they have one that is christmas tree. In my opinion, they have the best airfreshners anyways...