Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oh Alcohol, you funny little friend...

I am embarrassed this morning. And hung-over. And quite possibly still drunk. I'm not quite sure how that happened. I remember lots of little red drink tickets. I remember a couple rounds of shots. I remember not eating dinner because the show floor was open until 8 pm. But I did snack on free appetizers in there. And from my calculations I only had 3 Blue Moons and 3 shots. No, no, no, it's not that bad. They were girly shots like buttery nipple and chocolate cake (yum). Ok, yeah. It's still bad. But I guess I just can't drink like I used to in college. I'm getting old.

I didn't pay for anything last night because there are no receipts in my purse. But I did smoke A WHOLE PACK of cigarettes because there is an empty pack in my purse. My stomach hurts and even though I am hungry, I can't imagine keeping anything down right now. I think I went to bed somewhere around 3 am. And I remember ending the night talking politics and religion with some old, married guy.

Seriously. Why do I do this? This is a work function. I should not let the temptations of free drinks lure me into their traps. I can't imagine what I said or did last night in front of these people. I just know walking down there and working the show floor is going to suck today!

No comments: