Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things

There is a note going all around Facebook where you have to list 25 random things about yourself and then tag 25 of your friends. I finally gave in and did it, so I thought I would share the list here too:

1. The only bone I have ever broken was my toe. But it was a really bad break! My pinky toe was pointing completely west instead of north! It took 8 weeks to heal!

2. My dog has long hair and frequently gets dingle-berries and I have to wipe his butt sometimes because of this. (Oh the things we do for our dogs!)

3. I used to hate diet soda and would refuse to drink it. Now diet is my preferred choice and I rarely drink regular.

4. I hate sweet tea.

5. I have my NC Real Estate broker’s license but have never used it because I am chicken.

6. I won a big poetry reading contest in 3rd grade.

7. I would live in flip-flops year round if I could.

8. I have a conspiracy theory about Target that they pump “feel good” drugs into the air in their stores to make you want to buy stuff because I can never seem to leave that store without spending more than I meant to.

9. I take my dog to the dog park so that other people will throw the ball for him so I can read my book in peace sometimes.

10. I still use my student ID to get a discount at the movie theater.

11. I’ve never had the chicken pox.

12. I always speed and end up tail-gaiting people because I am chronically late everywhere.

13. Most days of the week I don’t wear make-up because it takes too much time and it doesn’t make that big of a difference.

14. In elementary school I took my hamster to school in my pencil box one day because I didn’t want to leave him at home. When my teacher found out, I told her that my brother must have done it as a joke so that I wouldn’t get in trouble. When the teacher called my mom, she told her I didn’t have a brother. I got in trouble.

15. I hate when men at work lean back in their chair and interlock their hands behind their head with their elbows sticking out. I don’t know if they think this makes them look relaxed or what. It makes them look like arrogant jerks to me and I have to look away to control my anger.

16. I think martinis are extremely hard to carry so I try not to order them unless I am sitting down and not moving for the entire night.

17. I love travel-sized toiletries. I think it is because I love to travel. I can’t resist buying small sized stuff, but unfortunately I don’t get to travel that much. So now I have a whole basketful collection in my spare bathroom of tiny shampoos, soaps, etc. and when I look at it I long for a job where I traveled all the time.

18. I have a huge fear of guns. I can’t even look at them and when I see someone holding one it makes me want to run for safety.

19. When I was little I wanted to be a dolphin trainer when I grew up.

20. This is the first year in the last 10 years that I don’t have a wedding to go to (yet).

21. I’ve never seen the Pacific Ocean, but hopefully I will get to this year when I go to San Francisco . This is on the ocean right?

22. I know the whole Greek alphabet and can sing it to you.

23. I pretend like I don’t, but secretly I do have a lot of regrets in my life.

24. I am a goofball and I crack myself up when I am in a silly mood (even if I am completely by myself).

25. If you wear a sweater-vest I will make fun of you. All of the men at my old job would wear sweater-vests all the time and it got to be such a joke that we had a sweater-vest game we used to play to entertain ourselves. I’ve never viewed sweater-vests the same way since then.

I'm not going to tag anyone else, but if you see this and think it looks fun, do it!

5 comments:

Jane said...

I can't believe you don't like sweet tea! ;-)

I still use my college ID to get a discount at the movie theater too....and the art museum....and anywhere else it comes in handy. :-)

I just had to sing the Greek alphabet sitting here at my desk at work after reading #22. It's a good thing no one else is here today! :-D

Angela said...

what kind of dog do you have? is this true of all long haired dogs? lol you must really love him. speaking of loving him despite grossness, #15 - the fiance does it all the time and it takes ALL of my restraint not to bash his teeth in every blessed time! *whew* got that off my chest lol. Have a nice Sunday and thanks for sharing!

Melissa Leeanne said...

Do you sing it to the tune of "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands?" That's how I learned it.

Suz said...

It is really odd that I am from the south and hate sweet tea, I think I have only met one other Southener who hates sweet tea!

Cam is a border collie. I imagine all dogs with long hair get them sometimes. It doesn't happen everyday, but it does happen when the poop doesn't make it safely to the ground without touching his hair!

It is kind of like that tune (if you're happy and you know it) but a little different. I sat here for 30 min trying to see if they are the same! Similar, but not the same. I learned to sing it in college during rush (I was in a sorority). I still sing it to distract myself when I have to get blood drawn or get a shot!

Anonymous said...

You can kiss my sweater vest wearing butt! I am still upset that you took a picture to make fun of me.