Sunday, June 13, 2010

Long Busy Weekend!

Whew!  I have had a very busy last 72 hours!

FRIDAY-
Habitat was fun!  We got stuff done a lot more quickly than expected and I was home by 11 am.  I tried to go to the pool to lay out, but I have lost my pool key so I had to call to get them to send me a new one.  Instead I laid out on my back patio for about 2 hours (it was HOT!) and worked on my laptop.  Then I had to go shopping for birthday cards, shower stuff, and presents.  I spent about an hour at the bookstore which I just love doing!  Bookstores make me about as happy as Target!

SATURDAY-

The Vet:
Saturday morning I took Cam to the vet.  He lost some weight!  He got a smiley for that.  He got shots, a heartworm test, fecal exam, that bordatella up the nose thing, and basically the whole work up.  $172 later he got a clean bill of health and a see-ya-next-year.  Seriously...why does the vet have to cost so much?!

Baby's Birthday:
Then I went to my friend's baby's 1st birthday party.  It was packed!  There were a lot of people, a lot of kids, a lot of presents, and a lot of food.  Avery's mom has got it going on in the entertainment department.  They always know how to throw a party.  It was hot though!  This whole weekend in NC was miserably hot and humid!  But it was good because I got to see and catch up with some people I haven't seen in a really long time and Avery was so adorable as always!

Surprise Party:
After that it was mission time.  My BIFF's husband and I had been conspiring to throw her a surprise birthday party.  At one point I really didn't think it was going to happen because there was SO much going on this weekend and we didn't think we'd be able to fit in a surprise party for her.  I even told her one day at the gym that we had been thinking about throwing her a surprise party, but it looked like it wasn't going to work out.  She was really down about the whole thing because she had had some birthday letdowns in the past.  But somehow her husband pulled it all together and all I had to do was get her out of the house so he could set up and get everyone there.

I'm a bad liar but I convinced her that as my birthday gift to her we were going to get mani/pedis and her husband convinced her that his parents were going to take them out to dinner afterwards.  It worked!  She had no idea and was so surprised when she walked in and everyone was there and yelled surprise!  She really had no clue!  It was great!

We all had a great time drinking and eating and playing cornhole (I am actually getting better at that game!).  And this was the first time a lot of us had hung out together in a while!  I just love my friends!

The Crush:
At this party was a guy that I have known for years.  He is kind of a part of our group of friends.  He hangs out with us occasionally and has been on a few trips I have been on over the years. I guess I have had a crush on him for probably the whole time I've known him- about 5 years.  I don't know how to describe it.  He has that way of being completely adorable and really hot at the same time.  And I think he is a really nice guy despite his sometimes bad rep. Sometimes he seemed to not have it all "together" in life and maybe parties too much, but still he has always been sweet and nice to me.  He is a few years younger than me though so sometimes I look at him like a little brother or something too, which confuses the crush side...I don't know it's not a normal crush...I just have a soft spot for him for some reason.

I am pretty sure he was well aware of this crush thing because a few weeks ago I had called and left him a voicemail after one of my worst nights ever of drinking (break-ups will make you do stupid stuff like drink tons of liquor on an empty stomach!).  I don't remember what I said, but apparently I told him what I wanted to do to him in no uncertain terms.  I was so embarrassed, but luckily he called the next day and made a joke out of it and kind of made the whole thing better.  I was so thankful we were able to smooth that over so it wouldn't be too awkward the next time I saw him.

Anyway, somehow we ended up going to his house at some point during the party last night (which was right up the street) and talked for a while (but it didn't look good that we disappeared together).  I SWEAR nothing happened.  Nothing.  I didn't even feel like that about him for some reason last night.  We just talked about our past heartbreaks and life I guess.  I probably shared way more about my life than I should have, but alcohol will do that to you!

At one point I told him I had a high price (I was pretty drunk and that probably made me sound like a hooker).  He laughed about it and said "i want to know what your price is".  I just said "oh, it's really high"... but what I meant was that I don't just give myself away to just anybody.  Here I was with a guy I had had a crush on forever, but I was not really even tempted to have a meaningless make-out session with him or anything.  I just don't do that anymore.  I've had my crazy twenties and kissed lots of frogs thinking it might mean more, but now I know better and even if you want to try to be in a relationship with me I can promise you it won't be some easy casual thing.  I'm looking for more than that and that is what I meant by "I have a high price".  I just couldn't articulate that at the time nor did I really want to.

We went back to the party after letting the dog out (and forgetting to let him back in!) and as soon as we got there it started pouring rain.  We ran and stood on the front porch together forever watching the rain.  I don't even really know why we didn't go in the house.  Eventually we went in and hung out for a little more with everyone and finally I ended up driving home at 5 am after sobering up.

SUNDAY-
When I woke up this morning though I was like "Dang!  I could've marked two things off my list last night if I would have been thinking about it more- ask out a crush and kiss in the rain!"  But things happen for a reason sometimes and I am glad nothing happened last night.  I don't even really know if I have a crush on him anymore...I think it is just some kind of soft spot I have for him because really I don't ever see anything happening between us.  I am not a casual kind of girl and he is nice enough to realize that and not take advantage. Plus I am still healing from my last heartbreak right now.  I'm glad I didn't try to ruin my movie love moment of kissing in the rain just because the opportunity presented itself.

At church this morning we had a guest preacher and he was very different than our normal preacher.  He kind of growled/yelled/sung his sermon?  I don't know how to describe it.  It was not really my thing.  But I thought again about saying "I have a high price" last night but in a totally different way during church this morning.  I DO have a high price.  The price for me was more than I could pay and required the sacrifice of God's son.  I think just knowing that internally was another thing that stopped me from being tempted by the crush last night.  Knowing the price that was paid for me makes me live my life very differently.  I got concerned because I was like "Has the wild, carefree, fun Suz disappeared?!"  But I haven't, I've just changed and won't compromise myself.  I know who I am and what I want so temptations are much easier to tackle.

This afternoon we had a baby shower for my friend who is due in July.  The girl who threw it is so creative and cute!  All the decorations and food were wonderful!  I was in charge of games and the mom-to-be requested not having her belly measured.  I had already done the gift bingo, candy bar diapers, and pin the diaper on the baby things, so I wanted to come up with something different.  We did a baby/pregnancy trivia game (if you live in Raleigh and have ever heard G105's Horseshoes and Hand-grenades game, it was like that). And we did a game where we all had silly bandz and if you were caught saying the word "baby" you got your silly band stolen by whoever caught you.  The one with the most at the end of the party won.  It was fun.  I also got to feel the baby hiccup which was cool.  Pregnancy and the fact that a little human grows out of practically nothing inside your belly is just amazing to me!

So yeah it has been a long weekend and I have a training class to get Six Sigma certified for work all next week, so I think I will be calling it an early night tonight!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!!

2 comments:

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Wow! You did have a lot going on! I have been the same way lately. I want a few days in a row to do NOTHING!
Have a good week!

Rich Life Revival said...

Wow, I don't know how you fit all that in!

Remember...a drunk mind speaks a sober heart :) Maybe you have a crush, maybe you don't. It's fun to feel those feelings again - even if it's a bit of a roller coaster!

I have been talking to some boys too - and I definitely tell them up front what my price is! I think it's important to set your standards and let them be known. No surprises and they will know what they're getting in to. Men listen (mostly in the beginning before sex), so we've got to put it out there!

<3