Friday, June 4, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday- Travel Edition

It's time for Fill in the Blank Friday again!  If you want to play along with this little game, just fill in your own blanks on your blog and then link back to Lauren's Blog so we can all check out your answers.  Now let's fill some blanks!
1.  My dream vacation would be a trip to Tahiti, Bora Bora, or the Maldives with a man I am head over heels in love with.  We would stay in one of those over-the-water bungalows and have a week of just swimming, lounging, eating and drinking and just basically enjoy being in love and in paradise.


2.  The best trip I've ever taken was my last cruise to Grand Cayman, Honduras, Belize and Cozumel.  I think it was my favorite because I was with some of my favorite people in the world, it was my birthday week, and we did so many unique things that week!  I jet skied across crystal clear water and kissed a wild sting ray in Grand Cayman, rode a catamaran and snorkeled in Honduras, rode an ATV through the jungle and went cave tubing in Belize, and swam with a dolphin and partied my butt off in Cozumel.  Those are the types of things you will never forget!

3.  The most important items to take on a road trip are friends, snacks, and great music.  (A GPS helps too!)

4.  The next trip I'm looking forward to is Dubai!  I cannot believe it is almost here.  I am freaking out a little right now trying to prepare.  I haven't got official word on the scholarship yet, so that is freaking me out.  I need to get an adapter and voltage thingy.  I am trying to line up my rides to and from the airport and people to help out with my pets.  I have no idea what I am going to wear in 125 degree weather.  If I get a middle seat on the plane I will lose it.  I have this claustrophobia thing, so this long flight nonsense is stressing me out.  We are supposed to be thinking of craft activities and games that would be good for the kids and also whose supplies would be easy to take with us.  Oh, so many worries and so little time!  I know it will all come together though!

5.  If I had to pick one CD to listen to for a long road trip it would be a mix CD.  Who buys CDs anymore?  Better yet, I just ordered this sweet little thing that lets me listen to my iphone stuff through my car stereo wirelessly through bluetooth!  So I could just make a iPod playlist or pull up Pandora.  CDs are so 1990s.

6.  The biggest disaster I've ever encountered while traveling  was when I was little and I got myself lost at Disney World.  I am a wanderer.  Even today I have this habit of just wandering off from the people I'm with and getting myself lost.  It's not such a big deal now because we have cell phones and I am a big girl, but back in the 80s it posed a problem.  Apparently I wandered off and got separated from my mom.  She finally found me.  I don't remember all the details, but somehow we missed the last tram back to our hotel and we had to wait for a cab to come by.  My mom talked the driver into driving us back to the hotel even though we had no money (apparently it was spent on something I just had to have!).  I think we made it back sometime after midnight and she had to wake up my dad to get cash from him to pay the cabbie.  Why my dad wasn't worried about where we were at 1 am I have no idea.  I don't actually remember any of this but my mom tells me this story all the time so it must have been pretty disastrous!


7.  My favorite traveling memory is the day we spent on our first cruise in St. Thomas.  It was just the perfect kind of day with good friends, great drinks, a cameraman and some snorkeling.  I think everyone was happy that day!

No comments: