Friday, February 6, 2009

L.I.F.E.- List Idea Friday Everyone!

Every Friday I will feature a new idea from the book Dream it. List it. Do it! that you can add to your life’s to do list.

This week’s selection comes from the “Make a Difference” chapter:

Give something away every time you get something new.

I LOVE this idea! Not only will you be doing something good, but it will force you to NOT be a packrat. I’m not going to add this to my list because how would you know when to mark it off? It’s not something you could say “I’ve done it” to; it is something you have to continually work at everyday. Like exercise or eating healthy. What I am going to do is keep this in the back of my mind and try to remember to give something away every time I get something new. I think this practice would have lots of benefits:

- Feeling good about giving
- Thinking twice about new purchases
- Keeping your house clutter free
- Getting rid of things you don’t need
- Cut down on the need for one big Spring Cleaning

What do you think? Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Also check out my review of Milkrun on my Bookshelf Blog!

1 comment:

Jane said...

As a packrat, this would be an excellent thing for me to start doing. :-)