Monday, November 26, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Days 20-26

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Day 20 I was thankful for...
My iPhone

I know it is silly, but I rely on that thing so much.  I forgot it at home that day when I went to work and I felt like I was missing my arm.  I can hardly remember what life was like before it.  But it has it's flaws too.  Lately it has been losing connection to 3G or Wifi and I have to reset it.  And I have been dropping a lot of calls lately.  #firstworldproblems

Day 21 I was thankful for...
Happy Hours

I was supposed to have off on Wednesday and go to my moms.  But I ended up having to work to make sure everything was ok for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.  I am about to kill one of my vendors today because the app we had ready for Cyber Monday is still not live.  If I would have known they wouldn't have it live I wouldn't have worked all day dang it!  Anyway, after work it was nice to go have a beer with co-workers to decompress from the day.

Day 22 I was thankful for...
My Mom

She has done so much for me and even though it is pretty much just me and her in our tiny little family, I am so thankful.  I don't know what I would do without her.

Day 23 I was thankful for...
My Black Friday Tradition with Meredith

Really I was thankful for this on the 22nd, since apparently Black Friday has crept into Thanksgiving Thursday.  One of my best friend's Meredith and I have been doing Black Friday together for years!  I'm so glad she likes this tradition too because we get some good deals even if we don't have a specific item we are going for.  This year I didn't really have a specific item I was going for except my Asics running shoes.  We went to see Twilight (I loved the ending on this one!) and then hit up Target right after at about 9:30.  I was contemplating getting their $49 Nook, but it was sold out already.  There were way more people shopping than in years past.  We hit up Dick's Sporting Goods at midnight and then went to the mall.  We were all done by 1-1:30 am.  I also scored some pretty sweet deals online at Old Navy and The Limited that night.

Day 24 I was thankful for...
Dance Parties with 3 year olds

I don't dance unless I am wasted...or apparently if I am around 3 year olds.  3 year olds don't judge you and they've got even more crazy dance moves than you do.  And sometimes you just need to dance.

Day 25 I was thankful for...
A day off

I was going to clean and put up my Christmas stuff on Sunday, but instead I went over to a friend's house for lunch, went to the grocery store, walked on my treadmill, and watched some TV.  The weekend went by way too fast and I needed a day of nothing.  I can't wait to have more days like this during the week of Christmas!

Day 26 I'm thankful for...
My Health

A few weeks ago I fell while I was running.  I tore the skin off my palm and it is finally almost healed.  During these weeks of being limited to using just one hand for some things, it has made me realize how much I take it for granted.  And this weekend I slept funny and hurt my neck really bad.  Saturday I couldn't turn my head at all.  It is slowly getting better, but it was another reminder of how much I take my body and my health for granted!

No comments: