Monday, November 12, 2012

30 Days of Thanks- Day 10-12

Hello blog readers!  I hope you all had an excellent weekend!  I went to a Women's Conference at my church this weekend and got to hear Elise Fitzpatrick teach.  It was excellent.  Another thing that was excellent about this weekend was the weather!  Gosh could it just stay in the low 70s-high 60s with beautiful fall colors all around all year?!?

Saturday I was thankful for...
Friends that just get me

You know that feeling when someone just understands you and accepts you for the way you are?  I may not have a husband but I have some great friends that just get me.  In particular my friend Stephanie.  She nor I are perfect but we get each other and accept each other for the way we are.  It helps that we like to do a lot of the same things.  Thanks for being such a great friend Steph!

Sunday I was thankful for...
Friends that can cook and invite me over to eat :)

Sunday my friend Kristin invited me over for dinner and it was simply fabulous!  Kristin is another friend that just gets me.  I am so thankful for her friendship too and can't wait to run jog slow jog/walk in The Color Run in Charlotte this weekend with her!

I am so thankful God has blessed me with such great friends!  And this weekend really reminded me of that and how lucky I am to have them in my life.

Today I am thankful for...
All US veterans and Active Duty men & women

I hate war.  I hate guns.  I am so thankful for the men and women who fight for our country. I'm so thankful God made men and women brave enough to protect our freedom and rights.  Today I am volunteering with The Kramden Institute to refurbish computers for military families.  I am going to have to work all night to make up the hours I will be volunteering this afternoon, but that is a tiny sacrifice compared to the sacrifice they have made for us.

No comments: