Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Random Wednesday

Sorry for the lack of posts since I announced "I'm back!".  Guess it is going to take a while for me to get back into the routine of blogging.

While I was taking my "break from blogging", I thought about a new idea for a regular segment here on the blog.  You know I am obsessed with Pinterest.  I participated A LOT in "Oh How Pinteresting Wednesdays".  But I don't want Pinterest to be just another time suck, I want to actually do things and use the ideas I see on there.  So I am going to try to feature something I've actually done, made, and/or bought as a result of something I have pinned on Pinterest. I'm calling it-


Some of this idea was inspired by the new marketing campaign at work.  Our whole culture at my work has shifted.  I work for Lenovo (we make computers).  Our new tag line is "Lenovo- for those who DO".  The "DO" culture has taken over.  We are all DOers and we make machines for those who DO.  It is everywhere you look from the elevators, to the break room, to our TV commercials, to even the stairwells:



I also recently read this quote:

The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers.  But above all, the world needs dreamers who do.  ~Sarah Ban Breathnach, Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy, 1996

I think this new feature will be the perfect chance to take that quote to heart.  Pinterest is all about dreams.  Things you aspire to, things you want, things you think are beautiful, things you want to make, dreams you have for the future, things that make you laugh, things that are ingeniously useful.

So look for this weekly feature next Wednesday.  I'm going to have a little link up on the blog.  So pick a pin you love on Pinterest this week and DO something with it.  Next week come back here and share what you did!

In the meantime ...Follow Me on Pinterest


Also one other random peek into my day- Remember how I was obsessed with the Nancy Cooper trial?  Well, I am about to become obsessed with another trial  Today the trial for the murder of Eve Carson started.  Eve was a student at UNC that was shot and killed in the early morning hours on March 5, 2008.  She was student body president and apparently a wonderful young lady full of such promise.  When she was murdered a few years ago I was very interested in the story because she wasn't that much younger than me and I was just so interested in how and why she was killed.  I got obsessed with finding out more about local gangs because there was talk about a gang connection.  It is just so sad and so frustrating to have lost such a promising young individual for such stupid reasons.  Word to the wise- gangs are stupid.  Crimes like this are stupid.  I really wonder if these guys realize that and will ever feel the conviction and remorse in their heart for what they did.


I've been listening to the trial in the background while working today and her roommate and best friend was on the stand.  The prosecutor asked her what kinds of things her and Eve liked to do together.  She started talking about how they liked to do silly things, read similar books, and were obsessed with their flag football team and she started crying.  It just made me think how horrible it would be to have something like this happen to your best friend.  It is just all so sad.

One guy has already plead guilty and will spend the rest of his life in prison.  The guy on trial now was supposedly his accomplice.  He was underage at the time so he can not face the death penalty.  He is also linked to the murder of a Duke University student.  There seems to be a lot of evidence against him so I don't know how he is going to show he is innocent.  But I am very interested to see what happens.  It is such a sad and infuriating story.

Coming soon...bookshelf bog update, an update on my 30 Before 30 list progress, Black Friday buys, Christmas decorations and more!

No comments: