Monday, December 12, 2011

Let's extend the weekend

So what did I do this weekend?  Most if it involved a lot of ball rolling.  And dipping balls in chocolate.  (get your minds our of the gutters!)  I was making Oreo truffles for a Cookie Exchange party I went to.  I made 72 (actually 80 because I kept (ate) a few but needed 72 for the party.


Oreo Truffles

What You need

1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 pkg.  (16.6 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 4-1/4 cups), divided 
1 pkg. Kandy Kwic in Vanilla

Make It


MIX cream cheese and 3 cups cookie crumbs until well blended.
SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Dip in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

Kitchens Tips

How to Easily Dip Truffles
To easily coat truffles with the melted chocolate, add truffles, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to roll truffles in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove truffles with forks, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl. (oh yeah it is just sooo easy miss. recipe writer)  
Place truffles on prepared baking sheet; let stand until firm.
How to Store-  Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator. 

Notes from the imperfect baker (ME): This did not give me 48 balls because I made mine too big.  I also wanted to make different varieties so I made some with the Peanut Butter Oreos and some with the Mint Oreos. These two packages had way less that the regular oreo pack (even though they looked the same).  I would recommend doing only half the pack of cream cheese if you do that.  And they will make about 24 balls each.  (Keep in mind I like big balls) But between trying to do all 3 I did end up with enough cookies for the party, and some left over mixture that I ended up trowing away because I was so sick of making balls!

If you want to read all about (and see) the party and the other cookies exchanged, please read my amazing friend's blog:
After all the cookie craziness was over it was Sunday night (my favorite TV night!)  I missed the Amazing Race because stupid football pushed it back too far and my DVR didn't record it!  Who won!?!

But I did get to stay up late and watch my three most favorite shows- Dexter, Homeland, and Spartacus!

I think it was the finale of Spartacus- gods of the arena and I am so freaking excited Gannicus lives!  He can come stay with me if he needs a place to stay.  So now that I have watched the prequel, I need to watch the first season to get caught up and prepare for Gannicus to return! So excited.
And guess what?  today was part of my weekend too.  I took a vacation day because if I don't use them I lose them!

This morning I got to sleep in late, try to figure out what to make for the girls this Friday that is yummy but healthy too before we hit the town to look at Christmas lights and hopefully have a few drinks too.  I also need to figure out what to make while my family is in town next Friday through Sunday for Christmas!  So I researched a lot of recipes on line. Any suggestions out there?

I also went out shopping trying to find gifts for people and I can not find crap.  I am totally uninspired.  I have no idea.  I also worked on my Christmas cards too (I promise to show them to you as soon as I mail them out!)

Oh and I had to take one of my black friday purchases back to the store to be assembled.  It wasn't as easy as we though it would be!  I may end up having to group all these black Friday purchases into a "What I got for Christmas" post!

Back to the grind tomorrow.  Hope you guys are having a fabulous start to the week!

1 comment:

Barefoot in the Park said...

holy moly those sound amazing!