Thursday, December 1, 2011

Blogging Break is over!

I'm back from my blogging break!  It was a good break.  Sometimes you need to stop some of the noise and business in your life to really hear God.  I am feeling much better. I've been able to accept what happened and God's forgiveness.  And just in case you were wondering I saw on Facebook that the couple involved seems to be doing great, so forgiveness all around!  Not to say I'm not nervous for the next time I will see everyone (I've only hung out with my two closest friends from that group since then.)  But I am putting it behind me for now and moving on.

During the month of November I stopped to think about all I have to be thankful for.  Each day I listed a specific thing I was particularly thankful for that day.  Here is my list:

1- Jesus
2- my mom
3- my job
4- my bible study
5- my dog Cam
6- Being able to drive to the beach
7- catchphrase
8- holiday sales
9- the beauty of fall
11- ability to work from home
12- smart phones
13- my church
14- my hardwood floors
15- a short work commute
16- great coworkers
17- good tv
18- my cat bailey being home
19- my me-time and freedom of singleness
20- my friends
21- DVR
22- blogs
23- Facebook
24- sidewalks so I can run safely
25- my black Friday shopping partner Mere
26- warm weather
27- time to catch up with old friends
28- free classes at the gym at work
29- biff coming to bible study with me
30- Christmas lights

Other exciting things that happened last month:

that's not me...it's the professionals :)

- I went indoor skydiving as a team building activity at work.  It was kind of cool...made me want to do the real thing though!  I just think someone would have to blind fold me and push me out of the plane!


- I went to the beach for a retreat with my bible study girls.  It is amazing how far our group has come and I was so thankful for the bonding time!  We have had a lot of new girls in the last few weeks.  When I walked in to study on Tuesday it was overwhelming seeing that many girls!  I can't decide if it is a good thing or not.  I think I'm going to miss the intimacy and safety I felt in a smaller group.  If you are in a bible study- how many people are in your group?  do you prefer big groups or small?


- I found a favorite new running spot and only have two weeks left on my 10K training plan.  It has helped that the weather has been so nice!  but this week it turned cold- boo!  I guess I will have to start training on the treadmill or bundle up.  I think some of my friends and I might go to Charleston and do the Cooper River Bridge Run in March.



- I went Black Friday shopping at Wal-Mart for the first time.  I've gone to Target the past two years on Black Friday and let me tell you it is like night and day.  Target is all welcoming and organized and gives you maps to help you find the doorbusters you have on your list.  Wal-Mart is hostile and disorganized and there were people with entire shopping carts full of waffle makers and such.  Seriously what are you going to do with all those $3 waffle makers?  I will never go back to Wal-Mart for Black Friday just like i will never go back to the outlet malls on Black Friday after last year's shopping experience.  Some things are just not worth it.

ok, I will stop there for now.  But I am going to try to catch up on my Bookshelf Blog tomorrow and my list progress.  I also can't wait to tell you about some of my Black Friday purchases, Christmas decorations and more! 

I've missed you all and it feels good to be back!

8 comments:

quarter-life lady. said...

I'm glad you're better. Welcome back!

PS. I don't like Walmart Black Friday either.

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Ok, what did I miss? What happened???!!

alisonds said...

What beautiful photos! I miss the beach! Black Friday sounds totally scary! We have January sales here in the UK but nothing on the scale of what happens in America. We queue politely, there's a bit of elbowing and shoving but we're generally nice about it! x

Jane said...

Hooray! Seeing you posted just made my day. :-) Welcome back!

Unlikely Oilfield Wife said...

Welcome back!

Amanda said...

Welcome back!!!

Jess Cole said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear that you enjoyed your break! And your list is awesome!

Jess Cole said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear that you enjoyed your break! And your list is awesome!