Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bookie-Lou

I checked something off my list this weekend…I changed my very first diaper! We had a cozy girls night at my friend Heather’s house and now that Avery is older she was actually awake for most of it. She’s growing up so fast! We spent a lot of time looking through her clothes and boy she has a lot! Heather is a little fashionita, so I guess Avery will be following in her footsteps! Here's a pic of the little Bookie-Lou:



My friends told me I had to change a poopy diaper or it didn’t count, but luckily Avery didn’t work up a poop for me so it was just a pee diaper.

When I say I have never changed a diaper before I mean never. I didn’t know how to unhook the thing. I didn’t know what was the front or the back. I didn’t know how tight it should be. But Avery likes having her diaper changed and was a very cooperative little girl, so the whole thing was pretty easy. So- change a diaper- check!

In other baby news, I sometimes think about what I would want to name my baby if I ever have one. I REALLY want to have a little girl, actually 2 little girls. My mom’s maiden name is Lovejoy, so I want one girl to have the middle name Love and the other one Joy. As far as first names, I want to name one Lily because my name means “Lily of the Valley” and the other one McKenna just because I LOVE that name and it doesn’t seem to be too popular so hopefully it will still be unique if I ever get around to having a baby.

Knowing me, I’ll probably be cursed with all boys and I don’t really have any boy’s names I am in love with.

What are your favorite baby names?

8 comments:

heath said...

Bookie Looooooooooooou!!! LOL Love the post Suz!
I had a BLAST saturday night - thanks so much for coming over and playing with us. We need to do girl's nite more often...doing nothing is SO much more fun when you're doin' nothin' with your buddies!!
HAve a great week! xoxoxo

GinSpaghetti said...

Laughing my butt off! I can't even count the diapers I've changed, I'll SO share with you! :P David's grandmother was Lilian so we have Lily on our list. Unfortunately, most names I like start with H, Harper, Hudson, etc... or end in "er" which TOTALLY does NOT flow with his last name, so I'm having to rework my list. I would LOVE two girls too though. Mainly b/c of me and my sister.

Fannie said...

Haha, congrats on checking another thing off your list ! Glad you didn't get a poopy diaper.. I gagged at the last one I changed. Urgh, diarrhea.
Anyhow, if I ever have kids, if I ever have twin girls .. I want to name them Emma and Ella. I also like the name Victoria. I love the idea of Love and Joy as middle names. They're both pretty.
As for boys, I have no clue. I like spanish names likes Luis or Miguel .. but it would depend on the kid's origins (i.e. it would depend on the father). lol

Sam said...

I've never changed a diaper either!

And I want to name my kids Norah, Kenzie, and Jack. If I have 2 girls, 1 boy that is. I have a full list of names I love, but those are probably my top faves!

Christin said...

I found you on BlogHer, FYI. ( :
Looooooovvvvveeee that question! I love thinking about/talking about baby names - always have.

Here's the thing - if I tell people my names, I'm afraid they'll become popular before I get around to getting pregnant.

AnnQ said...

Yay on changing your first diaper! :-)

Optimistic Pessimist said...

I never changed a diaper until I had my son. I asked the nurse how to do it and she looked at me like I was crazy.

Shoshanah said...

I think Love and Joy would be such cute middle names