Monday, August 18, 2008

Singing at Sea

Since I have WAY to much to blog about from my trip to even form cohesive thoughts, I thought I would go ahead and tell you about the things I crossed off my list (that is why you’re here isn’t it?)

The first thing I crossed off my list was to sing karaoke. The third night on my cruise was my birthday. I figured if I was going to rock out one night, this would be it. So before dinner I had a few cocktails while getting ready. I don’t think I drank anything at dinner (I was already feeling good!) but after blowing out my candles, I headed straight to the bar for some more liquid courage.

We waited for the karaoke to start (the bar they had karaoke in this year kind of sucked). But this night was the tryout for the Carnival Legends show (passengers trying out to be Ricky Martin or Brittney Spears or some other washed up singer) so the place was packed. As soon as they started passing the book around, I submitted my request. Luckily a few people went before me. Then they called my name. I was so nervous. It went by really fast and all I really remember was that I sang “I Love Rock and Roll”, all my friends were cheering, and I was so confused as to what to do, I never took the mic off the stand (which looked really stupid). I just held on for dear life and sang the words that came up on the screen. But I do have the pictures to prove I did it! (thank goodness no video!)



It wasn’t too bad, but I think it would be more fun in a group…So how about it girls? Karaoke Night?

Tune in tomorrow for my Dolphin Swim Adventure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are brave! I could never get up in front of people and do that, I would be like a deer in headlights.

Unknown said...

I love that there is a picture!! I just wish there was a video...I'm very proud of you though!!