Monday, August 4, 2008

Preparing, Planning, and Packing!

Well, it is back to the working world after a relaxing weekend at the beach. I didn’t do much of anything except lay on the beach, read my book, soak up the sun, and relax to the soothing sound of the waves. It was heavenly. I did have the most amazing dinner at Clawson ’s in Beaufort on Saturday. I had a yummy coconut grilled shrimp appetizer, a salad with a delicious homemade citrus-lime vinaigrette, and the most amazing shrimp and grits ever! We also took a long jog up to Fort Macon Sunday morning which was nice. It was a GREAT relaxing weekend!

Now it is back to work and it is hard to concentrate because we leave for our cruise this Sunday! I have been making my packing list, planning what I am going to wear each day, running errands to get last minute things like Dramamine and other random necessities, and making sure I am getting everything in order before this weekend. All this while trying to fit in working and an hour run with my dog each day makes for really, long busy days!

But here are some of the things I have to look forward to in order to keep me going:

- A relaxing mani/pedi on Saturday

- A really fluffy comfy bed on the cruise ship

- Watching the amazing views from our balcony

- Lots of yummy food

- Caribbean blue waters

- Soufflé (YUM!)

- Jet skis to Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman

- Dolphin Swim in Cozumel

- Drinks at Carlos and Charlie’s

- ATV and Cave Tubing in Belize

- A Catamaran sail and snorkel in Honduras

- The waterslide on the boat

- Eggs Benedict (YUM!)

- Cocktails poolside from a waiter that knows your name and drink everytime

- My Birthday!

I am so excited! Just four more days at the office to get through and then no email, no meetings, no cell phone, no work for a whole week! WOO HOO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only 28 hrs and 30 mins left in the office....get excited!

Anonymous said...

Hey Suz,

I hope you all have a great trip. Take lots of pics so I can see how much fun you guys had! Be safe. Love ya.