Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Beachy Keen

This is one of my favorite weeks of the year. This is the week we have our timeshare at the beach. It isn't much. It's tiny and it is old. But it is familiar and relaxing.

My friends Steph and Kristin came down with me. We had a great time reading and relaxing on the beach, eating good food, and getting slightly sunburned.

Kristin is getting married in less than a month. She didn't want to have a bachelorette party and get wasted and wear a fake veil and be decorated in penis paraphernalia, but we did want to make this weekend special for her since it will likely be her last all girls trip before becoming a Mrs.

Well, I think it will be a weekend she'll always remember because she has a permanent reminder now:


She had been talking about how much she wanted this tattoo forever so we found a tattoo place with a cute name- Inkspiration -and she did it! I think it is super cute and fits her style and personality. I want to get a tattoo on my wrist, but I'm not quite ready yet.

We also made her an impromptu bachelorette cake! Think what you will, but we were cracking up about it!


It was a great girls weekend indeed! I'm heading back tomorrow night after work so I can have one more beach day before our timeshare week is over. Life is just better with a little sun, sand, and water mixed in!