Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Wrap-up

I had a busy weekend. Saturday I barely had time to breathe. I went to the gym, tanning bed (I know it’s terrible but I have to get in a bathing suit in 2 weeks and I need some color!), grocery store, Target, a baby shower (the baby is already here! He was born 11 weeks early and is still in the hospital but doing well), dinner with friends, a birthday party, and saw a little bit of one of my favorite local bands. Sunday was a BEAUTIFUL day but unfortunately I drank too much on Saturday night and spent most of the day recovering from that. I did get to have dinner with two friends I haven’t seen in a while and it was so nice to catch up with them!

But back to Saturday…Every time I drink too much lately I wake up so mad at myself. I am old. I cannot drink like I used to. Saturday night I had no plans to get drunk. I didn’t drink at dinner. When I got to the first bar for the birthday celebration I got a small vodka cranberry and then drank water. But then we went to more of a club type of bar. Upscale, but they were playing booty shakin music. I got a glass of wine. Then they talked me in to taking a tequila shot. But I had finished my wine and needed a chaser so I got another glass of wine. I left to go back to the bar where the friends who I had rode with were shortly after the shot and we still had 30 minutes so I ordered a beer. By the time we left all of that alcohol hit me hard. My friend ended up having to drive me home so the next day I didn’t have my car to go to church and I felt like crap all day long. It is so not worth it. I’m thinking about giving up drinking all together because obviously I still do not know my limits after over 10 years of practice!

Saturday night, while I was at the birthday party, my friends were around the corner in a bar to see a band we go see every once in a while. Our friend’s husband plays in the band. I’ve seen them quite a few times and I’ve developed a crush on one of the guys in the band. I love crushes. They make you all giddy and make you smile just thinking about the object of your admiration. I was only at the bar the band played at for 30 minutes at the end of the night. But I got to admire him from a table right up front and he came up to show us how he hurt his fingers playing that night after the show. I managed to stammer out “that sucks but you sounded really good tonight.” I think that’s the first time I have ever spoken directly to him. I was proud of myself. He is so cute. But my friend doesn’t think he is a good potential. Every guy I seem to get a crush on, my friends always seem to have a different opinion on them. Apparently I have horrible tastes.

Sunday I had dinner with some friends. One of them just discovered the guy she was dating and talking marriage with is apparently a sociopath. I won’t go into all the details, but it was bad. This is the second friend I have had that has dated a full-on crazy jerk within the past 2 years. These guys weren’t you’re your normal jerk of a boyfriend, they were full on crazy mind-controlling, lying, cheating scoundrels that managed to fool and worm their way into the hearts of two very smart friends. That alone makes me even more scared than ever to get in another relationship. I have too many scars on my heart to let anyone in. I’m exhausted and even though I would love to find “The One” and for all of this be over, I am not in the mindset to date at all. I don’t know if I will ever get back there.

Now back to my crazy work week and lots to do…but next week I’m leaving for the annual Crew Ski Trip! I’m so excited to get a break and get away for a while!!! Only 9 more days!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Have fun on your ski trip! I totally hear on the no drinking thing. I definitely cannot drink like I used to many years ago.

Oh and I love tanning beds! They're so bad for ya, but they are so relaxing.

Fannie said...

Haha, I know what you mean with the drinking. During the summer I built up a resistance to alcohol (and hangovers) but now that I don't have as much time to party, the hangovers are really tough whenever I do drink. Have a really fun trip :) take care xx