Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Quick catch up

Thank you all so much for your kind comments on my last post.  You guys had some great advice!  I learn so much from my readers.  And all I needed was time and a little perspective and I'm happy to say I'm feeling much better this week!

I think my problem lately has been work is insanely busy and I can never ever get caught up on my to-do list.  Case in point- I just got off a conference call at 11 pm.  That's just not right.  But things will slow down eventually.  I just have to make it through to Memorial Day and then I think things will start to turn around.  But I have noticed I am much more snappy being under all this stress.  I hate it.  I hate being mean and I feel like I am so short and defensive lately at work.  I try to stop myself, but it is like uncontrollable right now.  Sometimes I wish I could just go into a cocoon until all my work is finished so I won't bite anyone's heads off inadvertently.

Ok enough about work....I just finished reading The Help this week and it was FABULOUS!  When I have more time I will do a full review.  I'm going to see Water for Elephants on Friday!  I'm excited and glad to see all of the reviews I've read are positive (lots of bloggers I read saw it opening weekend...so jealous!). 

Easter was great!  I took some friends to church with me and the sermon was really good.  At lunch we were talking about Easter traditions we had growing up or wanted to start eventually.  I hope I have a family one day because I LOVE traditions!  The only things I can remember from growing up were getting an Easter basket, getting a new dress for church, and going to the Easter egg hunt at the community college in our town.  What are some of your Easter traditions?  I might want to steal them :)

Saturday I have my last 5K for a while.  Even tonight when I was running the air was thick and hot and it is just going to get worse.  Summer in the South is hot and sticky.  Part of me loves running in the summer at night and sweating out the day, but some days it is just too stinking hot!  So no races for me after this one until September or October at least.  I am thinking about doing the Bridge to 10K program though.  I still hate my 5K time, but maybe I should try to increase distance instead of speed for now.  But you know what I was reminded of recently?


It's almost Friday!!  WOOO HOOO!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

The Help is one of my favorite books of all time! I'm glad you liked it, too. :)

Lori Hollis said...

Me too. I loved The Help!!! Did you read Water for Elephants? I didn't, but I loved the movie! I think Im going to have to read it.

Jennifer M. said...

Yeah it's true... I'm not getting anywhere with my butt glued to the couch like it is! Lol.

Glad you liked The Help - it's on my "next to read" list along with the book Water For Elephants. Both look so good. I can't wait!