Monday, November 29, 2010

Wonderful Kick-off to the Holidays

Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!  This is like the official kick-off to the busiest, most jolly, potentially most depressing if you let it be, but overall hard-to-hate time of the year!  The next few weeks will be filled with Christmas parties, wrapping, decorating, cleaning, cooking, mailing, and overall merriment!

But first let's wrap up Thanksgiving...Wednesday night I was planning to drive to my mom's house right after work, but I got a call from a friend and they had an extra ticket for the Canes game.  How could I say no?  I LOVE the Carolina Hurricanes.  My dog is named after the goalie!  Well, they turned out to be the best freaking seats ever!!  Center ice and less than 10 rows back.  It was awesome!



So I packed up Cam and headed got to my mom's around midnight on Wednesday and stayed for Thanksgiving lunch in the dining hall at the retirement home.  It was pretty good and neither of us had to cook or clean which was the best part!

Thursday night a friend and I decided to stay up all night so we could make it to the Target 4 am opening so I could get the iPod nano I wanted.  Since we were staying up, we decided to drive to Mebane to go to the new outlet malls when they opened at midnight.  WORST. DECISION. EVER.  This should have been a sign:



This car was ON FIRE!  On the exit ramp to the outlets.  It was the biggest fire I had ever seen in my life.  I was almost afraid we were going to blow up just driving past it!  That fire truck you see in the pic had just pulled up.  And when we drove past you could feel the heat from the fire in our car!  It was crazy!  I don't even know what causes something like that!

The outlets were ridiculous.  Their parking lots were full and we had to park like 2 miles away down a dark road packed with cars.  Once we got in there, it was packed and I HATE crowds.  You couldn't even shop.  And the Coach store had a line over an hour long just to get IN the store.  Every other store had huge long lines to check out.  We went in a bunch of stores, but the long lines just were not worth it.  We didn't buy anything.  We did make it to Target and I also went to Macy's, Dick's Sporting Goods, and Best Buy and got a lot of great deals.  But this might be the last Black Friday I do until I have something big I need to buy like a TV.

Saturday I went to see Love and Other Drugs and it was good, but I hated it because I am finally starting to accept that movie love like that does not exist and I'm kind of pissed about being lied to and creating such high expectations all these years because of movies like that.  It's like finding out that you-know-who doesn't exist and I'm upset about it, so yeah just be patient with me for a while.

I'm finally caught up on Entourage through the end of Season 6 and thanks to a great deal at Best Buy I am the proud owner of the entire six season collection on DVD.  Does anyone know when Season 7 comes out on DVD?  I'm going to go through Ari withdrawals if I don't get some new episodes soon.  I also got season one of The Vampire Diaries and I'm making my way through that and loving it.

I have some catching up to do on this blog.  I caught up with my Bookshelf Blog so go check out the  reviews.  I have some things to mark off The List.  And I've got a 5K coming up this weekend.  We have a new lady starting at work on Thursday, so hopefully things will start to settle down and I'll have some free time to blog soon!!

No comments: