Thursday, December 17, 2009

Too Much Going On!

I know I said I had some good posts for this week, but this week has been super crazy at work, so I am going to give you the cliff notes version here:

Oh Baby Deer!:

Saturday night, a baby deer ran into my car. I was on a back road near my house and I saw a whole pack of deer crossing the road, so I stopped in the middle of the road and let them cross because those things are crazy and will just jump right into your car. After they crossed I started rolling again and I heard a thunk. I stopped in the middle of the road and looked in my rear view and started freaking out because it looked like I had run over a dog and it was lying in the middle of the road. I put it in park and hopped out and starting running towards it. It wasn’t a dog, it was a baby deer. It was thrashing around trying to get up but couldn’t, so I tried to help it, but it just fell down again. Then I saw that one of its front legs looked like it was broken.

I was freaking out and didn’t want the deer to die so I PICKED IT UP and carried it to the side of the road. It made a crying noise as I carried it and I could literally feel my heart breaking. I laid it on its side and it was breathing so hard from the shock and all that effort that I thought it was going to die right there in front of me. I didn’t want to see that so I got back in my car a tearfully drove home as I prayed for the baby deer.

All this happened around 9:30 pm. After I finished baking five dozen cookies for a party that night, I just couldn’t stop thinking about that deer. So at around midnight I took some dog food and drove back out there to check on it. It was still alive and curled up in a little ball on the side of the road. I got out and tried to feed it, but it wouldn’t eat. I talked to it and was freaking out all over again, but didn’t know what to do.

I drove home and looked up an emergency vet on the internet. They told me to call the police. The police couldn’t figure out where it was exactly so I had to meet them out there and point out the deer. It wasn’t thrashing around in pain so they didn’t know what to do, so they called the supervisor and before I knew it, 3 cop cars were out there. Finally the supervisor came up to me and told me they were trying to get a hold of someone at animal control to find out what to do. I begged them not to kill it and he told me to just go home and know that they would take care of the baby deer.

I drove by the next morning and I don’t know what happened but the baby deer was gone. I hope he is in deer rehabilitation safe and sound somewhere right now!

Marked something off my list:

I have found all the doctors I need in Raleigh- a good general doctor, eye doctor, gynecologist, and dentist. Little did I know when I said “find a doctor I trust” it would turn into find FOUR doctors I trust! I’ll write a more in depth post about this and my other healthcare and insurance woes later when all the craziness dies down.

Guess what I got today as an early Christmas present?




Any good app suggestions?

Can you believe Christmas is next week!?! This month flew by!


P.S. I haven't forgotten about the awards from you guys and I'll do that one this weekend hopefully! And don't forget to enter my Grateful Giveaway #3! I'll draw the winner tomorrow.

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

That's so sad about the deer! I would have done all the same things as you. =(

Download the game called "Mr. Aahh!!" it's so addicting!

Jenthebeachbum said...

the deer story made me tear up. if there is a squirrel rescue in Raleigh, there must be a deer rescue. I'm sure it is doing just fine.

Vianca Hidena said...

It made me so sad the deer story. I hope is Ok.
My neighbor and me are feeding a cat that is around since baby. We are really worry about winter time and i dont know what to do neither. I have a dog that hates cats as well as my neighbor have two dogs and both hate cats. we couldnt find anyone to adopt him

Pretty Unfamous said...

=( I really hope the baby deer was okay!! That's so sad!

David Horne said...

Hello Suz.

I really like evernote (helps me remember)

tweetie (twitter app)

yelp, around me (recommendations)

snaptell (like shazam but for book,cd,and dvd covers

just to name a few.