Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

This week has felt crazy! I have been so busy, but I pretty much got it all done. It may not have been exactly perfect- my poinsettias died and some of the gifts I bought for people weren't exactly what I wanted to get them and cooking was hectic, but it's all said and done and it was pretty good.

I cooked a turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, mashed red potatoes, gravy, rolls, cranberry waldorf salad, pumpkin dessert squares, and cranberry walnut cookies. I chopped, beat, blended, mashed, baked, and stirred my way through the last 24 hours and now have enough left-overs to last through the rest of the year! And it was all delicious!

But no wonder people were skinny back in the day before fast food, microwave, and food processors...cooking is hard work!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and took a moment to remember the most important gift of all- the birth of a savior. For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder, and His name will be called, “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” (Isaiah 9:6)

As promised one of you lucky readers will soon get a little after Christmas present from me. And the winner of the Border's gift card is...

True Random Number Generator
Min: 1
Max: 18
Result: 13

Caitlin!

Email me your address so I can get it in the mail to you!

And don't worry if you didn't win...there is one more giveaway this month, so come back for another chance at a little after-Christmas present!

1 comment:

AnnQ said...

Merry Christmas! (and I love your Christmas CD!) :-)