Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fresh Air Fund



I got an email from someone at Fresh Air Fund asking me to promote this cause on my blog. I had never heard of it and I am not big on promoting just anything on my blog. But when I looked in to it, I remembered my summers riding bikes around my neighborhood in my swimsuit or exploring the woods or going up to the lake or to the pool with friends. Growing up in a small town has its perks, but some city kids don't get to enjoy the great outdoors in that way. One of the things Fresh Air Fund does is have host families open their homes to city kids for a few weeks each summer to let them have a fresh air vacation. I don't have the space, time, or means to host a child but maybe you do. They are in need of host families this summer, so if you are interested, go here to learn more.

No comments: