Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Night Lights

I have a new obsession:

Back on Black Friday I noticed Target had the DVDs of each season for just $7/ea.  I had heard this was a great show so I bought the entire series!  I planned on watching them while I ran on my treadmill during these cold winter months.  I don't have cable or anything in my spare room but do have a DVD player and old TV.  So I figured this series would entertain me and make the time go by quicker and maybe motivate me too.

It worked!  I am about 7 episodes in now and I WANT to run on the treadmill everyday just so I can see the next episode!

And there are so many familiar faces from some of my current favorite shows!


The star quarterback is now one of my favorites on Heart of Dixie!


The coach's wife is now one of my favorites on Nashville!

There was even a guest appearance in one episode from this guy...

He is one of my favorites now on the show Suits on USA.

And I totally have a huge crush on this guy...

For some reason I just love coach Taylor!  He is the kind of man I would love to be married to.  I love his character so much!  And I see that he is going to be in Zero Dark Thirty!  Which I wanted to see anyway, but now I have made it a priority and will probably be going to see tonight!

I cannot express how much I love this show!  I was a cheerleader in high school in a small southern town.  It wasn't quite as big of a deal as it is in the show, but that certainly was what my fall season's revolved around.

And I have always loved guys that played sports.  My junior/senior year I dated the captain of the soccer team.  The fall of my senior year he was killed in a car wreck (read more about that here) and watching what the star of this show goes though after his accident (he ends up being paralyzed) has really brought back a lot of emotions around that.  I think about how much it would have hurt him if he had survived but was paralyzed or something and how that could have torn us apart.  It kind of gives me a little peace about it now and makes me realize how selfish of me it was to want him to have survived that crash at any cost so he could be with me now.  God's grace in that situation was probably him taking him so he wouldn't have to endure that.

Anyway I know I am really behind on this, but I love it and had to share!

Any other amazing old TV series that I should look into getting next once I finish this one?

4 comments:

Jessica V said...

Ooooooo! That show sounds soooo good! I'm don't watch any shows. Really, can you beleive that? I only watch HGTV & DIY network and a very little news.

This is defintiely something I would rent! Thanks for the post!

Allison said...

I love Friday Night Lights! It's one of my favorite shows.
I hope you keep enjoying it, but I know you will!

Shoshanah said...

I've heard great things about this show, but never watch an episode. Although I really do think I'd like it.

As for other tv shows, I LOVED Party of Five growing up. Although unfortunately, I think only the first 3 seasons are on dvd. Otherwise I'd say if you haven't watched it, you definitely need to check it out.

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOVE FNL! Seriously was the best show on tv. So sad when it ended!

~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com