Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pinterest Inspired Wednesday- Pinterest Frustrations

You guys know I love Pinterest.  I use it daily.  I pin items I am inspired by, quotes I like, ideas for if I ever get married (ladies there is NOTHING wrong with having a wedding board on pinterest- you are just saving ideas, not planning your wedding and I think you will be MUCH more prepared and less stressed when you actually do have to plan your wedding)...ok rant over...I use it for recipes I want to try, ideas for if I'm ever a parent (again, I see nothing wrong with this), ideas for the holidays, ideas for planning parties, and many other things.

If you haven't already... Follow Me on Pinterest 

I have 23 boards right now.  Is that excessive?  One of my boards is called "i want" I pin things here that I am considering buying in the near future (not "oh someday ideas").  Over the last two weeks I have had two items I've pinned sell out before I could go back and buy them!




Would have been sooo cute!


Source: kohls.com via ncsuz on Pinterest


Why did everyone else have to love these as much as me?

I was so sad.  I guess I will have to remember if I see a lot of people re-pinning something that is a sign to not delay and buy it now or else it will be gone!

I also have a problem pinning things and then never being able to find them for sale.  Like these:







Or things that end up being WAYYYY out of my price range.  I have learned to pin all clothing and home ideas onto separate "inspiration" boards because most of the stuff I like is sooo expensive and I need to just find similar items to pull off the "look".  Like these:


Source: polyvore.com via ncsuz on Pinterest


Yeah...That yellow "top" is actually a dress and the bag is over $700.  Also I pinned this twice!  I hate when I do that!

And finally I hate people that just pin images...not a link to a page with more info.  Like this:




And if it is something I want to buy, I also hate "uploaded by user" pins.  


Do you guys have any similar experiences?   What are your Pinterest frustrations?


5 comments:

Jamie said...

My biggest frustration is random people following my stuff. I wish there could be a way for me to veto who followed me.

(btw, I pinned all of those things also!)

Shoshanah said...

So just letting you know... I did a pinterest inspired Wednesday post today too! :) I didn't realize you had a button, otherwise I would have included it too... but I'm guessing that's new?

Ally said...

My big pet peeve is people pinning their kids pictures, or their vacation pictures. It's not a photo album!!
You should have asked me I. If its online I can find it:

You can either order from this website :

http://www.spreadshirt.com/where-the-fuck-is-the-finish-line-C3375I11496925

or this blog :

http://fkershouse.blogspot.com/2012/02/nike-where-is-finish-line-tee.html

These are also cool :

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-100701/pid-436360/pgid-570832

or any of these :

http://buzz.finishline.com/2011/06/talk-a-little-trash-with-nike-baby-shirt-ts.html

Oh and ebay is full of your sandal :

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=LC+platform+sandal+&_cqr=true&_nkwusc=LC+plataform+sandal&_rdc=1

Lots of people buy popular stuff just to resell on ebay!
I love searching for things online :)

Andrea D said...

I die a little inside every time I click on a pin and can't find where to buy it. I also hate how pinterest "suggests" people you should follow when you join...those are always the people blowing up my pinterest with hundreds (literally!) of pins every day. I want to see my friends pins, not those random ones, silly pinterest!

Andrea
Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

Unknown said...

Love the Nike shirt!