Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up

I got a big surprise this weekend. I got to go to the ECU/State game! This was a big game- sold out weeks ago. My friend’s husband got sick and couldn’t go so I got to take his place! It was GREAT! It was a HUGE game and great people watching because it is an in-state rivalry. Plus it was my first game in Dowdy-Ficklen this year. Here are some pics:












WE WON!! It was an intense game! We were up 21-0 at the end of the first quarter which I think surprised a lot of people! We were some happy Pirates! But by the end of the game we were all tied up and it went in to OT. We went first and scored but missed the extra point…that was it…it could be all over in a minute and we’d lose by 1. But we intercepted a pass right at the end to finish the game 33-27! The crowd went crazy and everyone in the stadium was cheering and dancing- even the players and coaches. It was great!

I was supposed to go to see Dave Ramsey Live on Saturday. He does these financial seminars on how to get out of debt and have financial peace. I bought 2 tickets when I was high on Ambien one night a few weeks ago, because I really liked the idea of paying off my car and eventually my house and having absolutely no debt. But really now that I think about it I probably don’t need his class that much. I am pretty good with money and the only debt I’ve had since college is my car and my house, which isn’t too bad considering how tight things got last year. Anyway, I wasted $50 on those tickets because I ended up going to the football game. You can see where my priorities are.

I watched the best movie this weekend- Hachi- A Dog’s Tale. It is based on the true story of the dog that waits at the train station for his master everyday, even after the master dies and never comes home. I was bawling my eyes out. I am so head over heels for my dog- seriously sometimes my heart could burst with the love I have for him- and I can’t imagine what would happen if I died or what’s going to happen when he dies. I was crying and cuddling Cam and told him I didn’t ever want to leave him.

Sunday I decided to rent Entourage. I have never watched this show and they didn’t even have Season One at Blockbuster, so I rented Season Two. I watched the entire season yesterday! I LOVED it! So now I have to catch up on the rest of the seasons!

And last night I spent 2 hours talking to a boy on the phone- it was nice and he makes me laugh- but I’m trying not to think too much about it…yet :)

2 comments:

Susan Felk said...

You should check out Dave Ramsey's new house in Franklin, TN. He paid cash!

GinH said...

So I read your blog yesterday (don't know which day it was from, I'm behind in my reader!) and wondered it you went. We were on the other side of the stadium - AWESOME game! I left at halftime b/c the woman behind me was a little too into it (yes, read between the lines on that one!)...

My mom spent last summer (or the summer before that, can't remember!) in Japan and went to the station where Hachi used to be - she brought a book and some neat stuff about him back. She said it was a really moving experience to hear the story and see the statue that is there now. ALL the kids in the area are wild about it - really neat.