Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm not changing The List but I am changing my Life

Thank you all so much for your wonderful advice and comments on whether I should change the list or not. You're right- it is my list and I can do whatever I want with it. And you're right that this list is supposed to bring me excitement and happiness and not stress and despair.

You see like most human beings I have issues. I have issues leaving something unfinished. I have issues not doing what I said I was going to do. I have issues with feeling like a failure. But at the same time I have issues with waiting until the last minute to do things too. And all of these issues have been magnified in doing this list.

In the end though, I reviewed the list and everything I have on there I still want to do, so I am leaving it the same.

If I don't cross some of them off by my 30th birthday, oh well. It's not the end of the world. But I am still going to try my best to get them done!

Right now my focus is on #1- Get in the Best Shape of my Life. I want to loose about 35% of my current weight. I want to loose about 10% of it before the end of the year and then spend the next 8 months trying to loose the other 25%.

It isn't just about loosing weight. Weight doesn't dictate everything, but it is an indicator. It's an indicator of how I am living my life and the things I am able to do- like run, hike, lift, jump, and throw.

I've done this before- lost a chunk of weight. I know how to do it and I know I can. It is all a matter of habit. When I am in the habit of exercising, I don't even think about it. All that exercise makes me not want to ruin it with junk, so that makes it easier for me to eat healthy.

But I know I can't jump in and try to do it all at once, or I get burned out and quit after a week or two. So I am trying to concentrate on developing the healthy habits. It HAS to be a habit. It HAS to be the way I live my life.

I'll keep you updated on my progress!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

That's awesome! I think it is so admirable how you have just recommitted to your goals rather than change them. I look forward to the updates.

AnnQ said...

Good for you! And you're right -- definitely take your fitness goals slowly in the beginning. :-)

Jenthebeachbum said...

I think it is great that you are still going to complete you list and that you aren't going to stress about it! If you are ever in need of a work out buddy on Saturday's please call me, we can run (jog) with the dogs or something. Jeremy works on Saturdays now, so I am always bored.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.