Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pumpkin Dessert Bars

Last week I had the most heavenly dessert at a pre-Thanksgiving dinner. I am on a mission to re-create this little piece of heaven. I spent some of my weekend gathering the ingredients. The secret weapon in this dessert is Pumpkin Pecan Butter that Williams-Sanoma sells for $9 a jar, but it is totally worth it!

Here's the recipe:

1 box yellow cake mix, set aside 1 cup
1/4 cup melted butter
3 large eggs
1 jar Muirhead Pumpkin Pecan Butter
1/8 cup milk
1 Tbs. flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter- softened
1tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13 pan
Reserve 1 cup of the yellow cake mix. Mix the remaining cake mix with 1/2 cup malted butter and 1 egg. Press into the bottom of the prepared sheet pan. Mix 1 jar of the Muirhead Pumpkin Pecan Butter with 2 large eggs and 1/8 cup milk. Pour over the cake mixture in the pan.

Mix the reserved cup of the cake mixture with 1 tablespoon flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix with a pastry blender until butter is pea-sized and mixture clumps together. Crumble over top of the pumpkin mixture. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden.

It seriously is heaven. Yum yum!

By the way...this is a pastry blender (I had to Google it!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shut up...thats a pastry blender? Not the fancy Kitchen Aid thing I had in my head? HAHAHA...but guess what...I still dont have one you can borrow! LoL.