Saturday, August 16, 2014

Life doesn't always go as planned...

Wow!  It has been exactly 11 months since I last posted on here.  I almost forgot how to even create a post!

Well since we last spoke I have had a lot going on.  Around this time last year I started a new position at work.  This has been the most challenging position I have ever been in.  There is a ton of pressure and visibility and so much work to do I still feel like I am drowning on a daily basis.  I am still at Lenovo but now I am in charge of the ThinkPad sales on lenovo.com for North America.  All of them.  It's a lot of pressure.  And work.  But I'm still alive a year into it.

But I miss blogging.  I miss documenting my life here.  I miss having posts to look back on to see what was going on in my head during a particular time and to help me remember when certain things happened.  (getting old is no joke y'all!)

I started this blog originally to keep track of my adventures marking off the things on my 30 Before 30 List.  Last week I turned 34 and I STILL have 3 things left on my list:  Get in the best shape of my life, catch a fish, and kiss in the rain.  I still want to do those things and other things I would have thought I'd done by now like get married and have babies (seriously I feel way behind where society says I should be right now!)

One thing I have learned in life is that God doesn't always take you where you planned to go.  And that is the beauty of it.  Proverbs 16:9 says "We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps."  I have loved where the Lord has led me.  He's allowed me not only to do a lot of the things I had planned to do but also go above and beyond on some of the things on my list:

I'm not only paying all my bills with no help from my mom, I'm also giving away more than 10% of my income now!

I didn't just run a 5K once, I've ran a bunch of 5Ks and even a half marathon!

I've not only made a baby laugh and changed a diaper, I've led preschool classes (and volunteered in the nursery) for over a year at church.  I took a small break from it while I started my small group, but I'm officially starting back with the preschool class tomorrow!

Not only did I go on my first mission trip and first trip abroad in 2010, but in 2 months I will be going on my second mission trip to Africa!

Not only did I upgrade one room in my house, but I finally got my whole house almost exactly the way I want it- new light fixtures, paint, appliances, hardwoods, the works!

Not only did I visit Washington DC, but I also went to San Diego, Chicago, Iowa and Austin, TX.  Hopefully I will be able to say I've been to all 50 states before I die! (27 and counting!)

Not only did I read the Bible all the way through, after spending 4 years in a fabulous bible study group I now lead my own bible study group with 13 fabulous ladies!

Not only did I go to see a movie alone, I traveled by plane to a city I've never been to before and stayed there and explored for a whole week all by myself!


I can't wait to see where God takes me next! I pray that He will help/allow me to complete the last 3 things on my list (and get married and have babies) but that is not my main goal in life.  I no longer live for myself, but for Him.  I am glad that I have learned to trust His timing and follow where He leads me.

"My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

I am going to try to document my life on here again and also look forward to trying to read some blogs again because I miss this so much.  I know I won't have time to devote to it like I used to, but I do hope to resurrect this little space of mine!  It's good to be back!


No comments: