Monday, September 26, 2011

Sunday Snippets on Monday

Life has been busy busy.  This Self-Control September thing has kept me busy (more on that later).

I did go to church yesterday, but honestly I didn't take any notes.  It was on the last spoke of the Gospel centered life "wheel"- Generosity.  JD made a point with a question- "which would put more fear in your heart- hearing that God was not pleased with you or hearing that there was no money in your bank account?"  Both would freak me out.  But he was trying to make a point that people value money and being rich almost more than anything else in their life.  I was talking to a friend later and I said yes, maybe from a guy's perspective money is the ultimate "idol" but I think from a woman's perspective being beautiful or skinny is the ultimate idol.  That consumes my thoughts, time and energy more than the pursuit of money and I know that is true for a lot of my friends too.  What do you think ladies?

After the service they had more baptisms.  I had to take something to the office and on the way back to our cars a girl I volunteer with and I stopped to watch.  We were talking about how we couldn't believe there were 300 baptisms last weekend and even more today.  I said "That's just crazy" and she said "That's God."  That stuck with me throughout the day and still today.  When something amazing happens from now on well, that's God.

Also- here is a re-cap from Church at the Ballpark.  I love this!


Church at the Ballpark from Josh Sliffe on Vimeo.

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

How cool!!! You have such a neat church!!!
Our service yesterday was about the Ten Commandments. IT was really effective! Our Pastor is such a great pastor, he uses so much humor and has a great way of making you feel like he is speaking just to you.