Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ok I'm waving the white flag. I do need a man.

This has not been a very good week.  I have been in a FUNK.  I'm negative nelly.  I'm pessimistic.  I'm complaining.  I have a short fuse with people.  I am frustrated at work.  I am frustrated at home.  My friends seem like they are miles away (even though I know they aren't).  Something is just off.

I was g-chatting with one of my friends yesterday and said "Sometimes don't you just want someone to go home to that will give you a great big hug and tell you everything will be ok?"  And by "someone" I meant a boy.  No, I'm sorry, a man.  I have decided I am so over boys.  Maybe. I think I want a man that can still be a boy sometimes.  I'm picky.  Actually I probably don't even know what I want anymore.

Back to the point.  I need a hug.  A MAN hug.  Not a hug from a friend.  Or my dog.  Or even my mom.  But a big strong man hug and maybe a kiss on the top of my head.  Actually I need way more than that, but I would settle for a good hug and a "keep your chin up kiddo".

Y'all if I ever do get married (and at this point I almost can't imagine it ever happening) but if I do.  I will remember these days.  I will remember when there was no one there to give me a hug and tell me it will all be ok and remembering these days will help me be so much more appreciative and never ever take him for granted.

So yes, even though I am a strong, independent woman, I am waving the white flag and admitting it...I do need a man.

Funny side note- lately when I have found myself in situations where a husband would be helpful I will say out loud "See God this is why I need a husband."  Well yesterday I was trying to open a pickle jar.  I twisted and turned and banged it on the counter and squeeled and finally sat it down frustrated and said "See God this is why I need a husband".  Well wouldn't you know...when I picked it back up and twisted the lid, it popped right off.  I guess God heard me.

Another side note- I am going to go ahead and predict that tomorrow is going to SUCK.  I am getting ready to switch insurance plans.  I am probably going to go with a high deductible plan.so I am on a mission to make sure nothing is wrong with me (medically speaking) before Friday.  I went to my regular doctor today for a physical.  But I had to make an appointment to come back for the blood work.  The only appointment they had before Friday is tomorrow at 1:30 pm.  Problem is- you have to fast for at least 8 hours before the blood work.

So I am going to have to get up at 5 am tomorrow (did I mention I have insomnia and am definitely NOT a morning person. AT. ALL.) to eat breakfast.  Then I can not eat again until after my appointment.  It is going to suck.  I am already cranky.  I'm getting even more cranky just thinking about it.

Ok, I'm going to stop spewing my negativity all over my blog for now.  Hopefully the funk will lift soon!  Until then I will try to keep the complaining to a minimum. Hope you all are having a better week than me!


5 comments:

Amanda said...

I've been in a funk this week too. All you can do is apologize and reassure everyone you will snap out of it soon. I feel like we have a lot in common the man department. For the most part, I have a good attitude about my single status. Like you, I'm independent and happy, and I know that when the time is right it will happen. BUT...I, too, have those days where I think, "It would be great to have a husband...I'll even take a long-term boyfriend at this point"...haha. I think no matter how happy and independent we are, it is only natural. I guess what I am trying to say is that i know EXACTLY how you are feeling. Keep smiling :)

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

I'm sorry you're in a funk! I totally know what you mean about waving the white flag. I see young 22-23 year olds getting ready to get married - people not even thirty getting married for the SECOND time and I just feel envy! I just don't understand why it isn't my turn yet! Why isn't it my turn?! The only thing I can think of is something BETTER is in store and good things come to those who wait!

Caroline said...

1-- Doctors suck. Trust me. I know. I see them all too often. I had blood work done today and it was hein.

2-- Needing a man....it sucks. Watching friends who are my age (almost 30!) be married twice while I'm chilling out in left field blows. I was in a relationship for 5 years (lived with the guy for 2) until this past April when he left me for his coworker. I'm slowly learning that I'm pretty awesome on my own, but it sure was nice to have some company on this ride they called life.

Ally said...

I was in your place before I met my husband and I can completely understand and because its still fresh in my mind, it helps me appreciate my relationship even more. Don't be ashamed to say you need a man, its a perfectly normal thing. When my husband is deployed it serves as a good remind for me that I can survive without a man but life is better with him, and you will find the most perfect man around for you and to make all this worth it !!!

I hope everything works out at the doctors tomorrow and usually when I have to wake up very early (not a morning person at all), I promise myself a treat. Starbucks after the doctors looks very promising and makes things look smoother :)

Hang in there xoxoxo

The thin seeker said...

I had that same funk a few weeks ago too. Felt like I was never going to meet a sane genuinely nice person that was not a psycho and was the same religion as me.

I was reassured by a close friend that I should enjoy my recently single status as I had gotten out of a very toxic relationships a few months ago.

But I am starting to feel like as though that person is not out there. I mean how hard is it to find someone a good man that is a practicing Catholic and trusting!

I think I am going to start asking god for a husband too now :)