Monday, July 11, 2011

Blogging Break

I took a little break from blogging. First I got some really crappy anonymous comments. Most of them I didn’t even publish. Some bothered me, but some I just laughed at. I’m blocking anonymous comments from my blog now because if you feel the need to leave a hateful comment, you should at least have to put your name. I know not everyone will always love and agree with me and I love hearing different thoughts and opinions. What I don’t understand is why someone would want to be just hateful towards other people. I just don’t get it. And honestly, it makes you look like a jerk. There are better, more effective and respectful ways to voice your opinions. That’s all I am going to say about that.

Then I had a few crazy things happen that would make great stories on here, but they were things I was a little embarrassed about. They would be great to share so you guys could learn from my mistakes. And they would definitely make you laugh, but in the end I decided not to share them on here because I don’t need to put everything out there. It is ok to keep some things just between me and my real life friends.

Anyway, I just got back from the first annual crew beach trip. I freaking love my friends. We are like one big fun, crazy family. We had a great time! It went by way too fast. Now I am back to the daily grind. Every weekend between now and the end of August is booked, so I feel like the rest of the summer is going to fly by!

I also just found out my ex got married to someone I went to high school with. It is weird and really ironic because I’m from a small town over 3 hours away which my ex had no ties to. His cousin works where I take my dog for boarding, so when I was dropping him off she says “You know (your ex) got married last weekend?” (why, why did she feel the need to tell me this??) I just said “oh really, wow, well tell him I said congratulations.” Then she goes on and on about how nice she is and how she is even more country than him and that they got married in Morganton, NC. At that I was like “What?! that is where I am from!” She said yeah, she is from there too apparently. I don’t know why that bothered me so much. I think it was because I love Morganton and would totally love to get married there, but my mom retired and moved to High Point, so now there would be no reason for me to go back there to get married. I looked up his now wife’s name through his Facebook and it was a very unique first name so I was able to figure out who she was. She was one year behind me in school…which is weird because he was way older than me, but whatever. Ok, moving on…I’m trying not to think about it too much.

I am getting a little depressed because I have been battling with negative thoughts, the hater comments I got, and the pressure to finish the list in the next month (which I do not think is going to happen). Some days I am on a high and think “Man, this is a great life!” but some days suck. I’m struggling with whether or not I should keep opening myself up on this blog. Is it worth it? Do I still enjoy it? I don’t know. So bear with me because things may be a little sparse around here until I get my head clear.

In the meantime, go check out my recent Bookshelf Blog reviews:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that things are down right now. My furtune cookie last week said, "It can't rain all the time." I hope you find reasons to smile today :)

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Suz, I think you are wonderful! I have missed your blog and am glad you are back. You don't have to put everything out there. Only what you're comfortable with. I am always here if you need someone to talk to, but it sounds like you have a fantastic support group with your friends!!!

Ally said...

I just found your blog and I think its great. I see a lot of myself in it, just turned 30, love paperback and we have similar reading taste. I just finished the Uglies by the way. So please stick around. Ignore the idiots and bask in the love we give you.

ps. Crappy anonymous comments seems to be affecting everyone lately :http://www.whenredmeansgo.com/2011/07/almost-famous-love-letter-to-anonymous.html

Jess Cole said...

Welcome back!!!!!