Thursday, November 4, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

Thank you all for your kind comments on my last post.  I know it was probably pretty depressing but it wasn't meant to be.  I'm just done.  People don't want to lose hope in Love.  Love is what our culture revolves around.  Romantic love seems to be the be all end all in life. Getting married or having babies are the only times a person is really celebrated in life.  It's a culture thing.  But seriously...there are people in the world who have never been married and never had kids.  They have lived their life without ever experiencing these things.  Does that make them less than?  Because they didn't meet "the goal" of life?  I'm just tired of all the pressure and all the disappointment.  I'm tired of all the wasted effort.  I tried of hope being crushed.  I'm tried of the anticipation.  I'm tired of wondering what is wrong with me that I can't seem to get this love thing right.  So I am giving up for now.  It might be forever, but you never know.  You know how fickle the human heart can be!  But for now I am totally content with my choice and feel like a huge weight has been lifted off me!!

I'm still a hopeless romantic though and I am loving the previews for Love and Other Drugs!  Have you seen them?  It looks like an awesome movie!  And Jake Gyllenhaal??  Yes please!!

I don't have much else to say because I'm swamped at work and can't seem to get much more out of my brain right now.

But here are some great posts I've read this week by others:

Encouragement in Suffering #1- Zoom Out via thoughts from fabs


This was a great reminder at how insignificant our problems are in the grand scheme of things.  It isn't the end of the world.  Enduring suffering is a great skill to build.  Life will not always be pretty, but remember one day, one month, or even one year is a small period of time in the bigger picture of your life which is just a tiny part in all of eternity. What do you guys think?  What are some things that help you get through bad times?

Dear True Love via Miss Priss 


It's like she read my mind.  I've been having these thoughts lately.  Wondering if true love even exists or if infatuation just turns in to bliss and then to appreciation and then to settling and then just acceptance.  I mean really with movie love all we really see is the bliss part.  Love has burned me and I'm done with it.  I guess you could say I've given up on love cause love's given up on me.  What do you guys think- Does true love really exist?

What I think about Karen Owens and the Duke F*** List via Tucker Max


Did you guys hear about Karen Owens and her fake thesis making it's rounds on the internet?  She created this fake "thesis" for a few close friends of all the Duke athletes she slept with while in school.  And she went in to detail!  Yes, I am embarrassed to say I read it.  I feel sorry for this girl...for everything.  And surprisingly I LOVE Tucker Max's take on the situation.  For an a-hole, he is pretty smart and I think he hit all the points correctly on this one. What do you guys think her or the situation?  Unfortunate, young, and promiscuous?  Empowered?  Do you feel bad for the guys she "rated"?- yes she showed pictures of them and named names!

Christians and Drinking Alcohol via JD Greear


This was a post made by my pastor earlier this week.  It had 62 comments last time I looked!  Obviously this is a hot button issue.  What do you guys think- Is there a reason for Christians to not drink?

2 comments:

angelasw said...

No, I don't believe "true love" exists. But I do believe in true patience, listening, waiting, hoping, trusting, change (to a degree, and only in certain things) and faith in one another and your future. I believe there are the crap moments that plant serious doubt, and ups and downs in relationships where you're not unhappy or angry, just not passionately in love or the infatuation fades, and those are the times when you need that faith, that what you're trying to do is right and that if it can fade away, it can fade back if you're patient and work hard and have faith in each other and your relationship. I also know that some things just aren't right and it's right to let them go, move on, and get the life you want and deserve. :)

AuntBT said...

I definitely do not believe in true love, or soul mates. We love differently at all the points in our life, that we need different people at different times. Of course, if you find someone early on, you tend to grow with them, and you grow to be a different person than if you were single. It's just finding someone who fits what you need at that point in time. And you know what? That's just fine, cause I don't need to try and find that person who "completes me"; I'm already complete on my own! And so are you.