Friday, May 8, 2009

Adding Insult to Injury

I'm up late tonight because I am going to the zoo tomorrow and when I am excited I just can't sleep. I also think of all kinds of random things I need to do before my fun trip. Well, one of the things on the list tonight is this letter that came in my separation package from my former employer that I am supposed to sign and send back. They were nice enough to include an addressed envelope, but I just noticed I need to provide my own freaking stamp!

This makes me so mad for some reason. I mean they have a whole mailing department downstairs and I am sure they could have just had the postage rate printed on these envelopes. I'm sure they had a lot to think about putting these packages together. Getting the right letters in the right envelopes for all these poor people. Making sure each packet had everything it needed etc. And then keeping it all a big secret. I imagine it had to be a big production. But really? They should have had a postage paid envelope if they wanted me to send something back.

I know it is only what? like 42 freaking cents or something, but that's not the point. Now I have to drive all the way to the post office to get some dang stamps.

2 comments:

Optimistic Pessimist said...

How rude! Hope you have fun at the zoo!

Erica Walters said...

Plus, postage goes up on Monday I think:) Hope you have a great trip to the zoo. We just went on Good Friday. It's so much fun!