Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tag- you’re it!

Oh yes, the bloggy world has games too and I am so excited because I have been tagged by the lovely Cyndi over at Just an Everyday Bitch. The assignment is to name 6 things that make me happy. Just thinking about these has made my day a little more happy:

1. Traveling/Vacations


I love traveling! I love packing up my suitcase. I love travel sized toiletries. I love all the planning. I love seeing new places and having new experiences. I love breaking the everyday routine. Every year my friends try to plan one big vacation so that we can have something to look forward to all year. I don't know if we will be able to do that this year with the economy in a tailspin and our jobs possibly at risk, but at least I have the small ski trip to look forward too and I am sure there will be lots of weekend beach get-aways this summer!

2. Carolina Hurricanes Games (live- not on TV)


I love live sporting events in general. The excitement, the tailgating, the suspense, the camaraderie all make for a great fun. But something about the Canes games are just wonderful. I became a Caniac the year they won the Stanley Cup- I even got to see game 7 live! Unforgettable! I named my dog after my favorite player- Cam Ward. I used to get free tickets through my work and my ex-boyfriend used to take me a lot, but this season I have no free tickets and no one to go with. Which makes me sad, but hopefully I will have a chance to go to one again soon.

3. Lakes


My dream in life is to one day own a house on Lake James in Morganton. I love that lake. But really I love all lakes. I love being on the water. I love the nature that surrounds lakes. I love the peacefulness and fun that can be found at the lake. I even love little Lake Lynn (the small city lake I jog around in the summer). Being at the lake just makes me happy.

4. Cam


This dog brings me more joy than I can put into words. He is my best friend and constant companion. I love the crap out of him!

5. A good book


I love to read. I love escaping into other people's worlds and using my imagination to envision what is written on the page.

6. God


I feel kind of cheesy saying this- like a rapper thanking God for his Grammy during his acceptance speech, but God does make me happy. When I stop to think about how much God loves me, to offer me salvation through the death of Jesus, it is overwhelming. I don't have to worry about saving myself because the price has already been paid. Everything I can't comprehend about life is going to work out just fine because of God. When I put all my trust in Him, it's hard to be sad.

Now for the 6 people I tag (friends and the blogs I most enjoy!):

Carrie at The Domestic District

Magda at Thunderstorms Highly Likely

Jane at The Diary of Jane

Ashley D at Turquoise Ribbons

Hollie at All Things in Moddy

Heather at Colormehazel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT list! Oh my goodness I love all of these, too. Your photos were such a nice touch! Expect my post to be much less chic and artistic...

Jane said...

I agree, GREAT list! :-) Of course, I would replace the part about the Carolina Hurricanes with the Detroit Red Wings.... ;-) It's too bad I don't live closer to North Carolina, because I would definitely go to hockey games with you!

I am going to have to do some thinking so I can make my list really good. :-) I hope you don't mind if I "borrow" your format for the post!

Sarah said...

Hey Suz! Just found you through Magda and wanted to say hi. Very cute blog. I'm from Raleigh and LOVE the Canes :)