Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Head over Heels for my Blog!

I have a not so little secret. I am in love with my blog. I love adding new things to it. I love sharing stories on here. I love my list. I love that it is all mine and it is out here for the world to see. I love what little design I can do to the blog. I even want to take a web design class just to make my blog even better.

I also love discovering other bloggers. I love looking at the different topics other people blog about. I love looking at different blog designs. I love looking at how long people have kept their blogs going and wonder if I will end up crossing everything off my list over the next 2 years and blog to tell about it all. And if I do, will I keep blogging after that?

I am still trying to figure things out and discover new things everyday about the blog and blogging in general. It is like learning a new skill and finding my way in this big blogging world (or the world in general depending how you look at it). And I guess I never really realized how much I enjoy writing until I started this blog! But now I find myself typing out a blog post when I am bored- rereading and revising it a million times until the words go together just so. I’ll even read some of my past blog posts and fight the urge to revise something I didn’t notice before posting it.

When people ask what is new with me, I tell them about the blog. It is my passion right now. It kind of gives me a purpose and focus in life.

I do get sad sometimes because most of my posts get no comments and I think no one but me is looking at this stupid thing. But every once in a while one of my friends will mention they’ve read it or I will get a new comment or someone will subscribe to my feed or I’ll get a jump in visitors and it makes my heart smile. Someone cares about my little baby blog!

Then I think to myself it really is sad that I obsess about this stupid blog so much! But seriously, I wonder if I could turn this into a career? What if I could be a corporate blogger or maybe a blog designer or really, I would love to work in the social media marketing division of a big company. Maybe I need to go back to school to learn more about this or maybe I need to start looking for jobs in social media. All I know is that it is a passion of mine and this whole social media thing is growing and it is changing the way marketers operate (for the better) and I want to be a part of that. So where do I sign up?

6 comments:

Tim said...

I can see it now...Susan Lowerre, Chief Marketing Officer of Target...keep chasing your dreams!

Anonymous said...

Don't get sad you don't always have posts - people are still reading it...believe me, I do :-)

Cynthia said...

We use Google Reader, so we don't need a feeder :) My favorite new thing in the blogging world is http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com
Can't wait to hear your review of the Knitting Club - I have requested it from the library. The Hazell Wife :)

Anonymous said...

I love the new design! I read your blog several times a week. Like Brooklyn is right people are reading it.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean... when I first start blogging I was totally obsessed. Who am I kidding? I'm still obsessed.

Anonymous said...

i always read you blog, several times a week actually. i am just not very good at leaving comments, i'm too lazy. but i do think your blog is fabulous!