Thursday, July 24, 2008

Run Suz Run!

So before I even thought of "the list" I bought a runner's journal. I am excited because this is going to be useful for #1 and #7 on my list. But let me just preface this by saying I hate running. Well it's more like I hate thinking about and getting ready to run. I love how I feel after I run and I do love getting through the run, but it takes a lot for me to actually get motivated and take the time to go do it. And I don't really run....I jog, and right now I take a lot of walking breaks during the jog, so technically it's not "running".
I did good the first 2 weeks with my runners journal. I was jogging 5 days a week and recording my time and the weather conditions and how I felt...but my last entry in the journal was over a week ago.

I started the fall from running glory when I went to the beach last weekend and a tropical storm met us there. That zapped any motivation I might have had. I should have been able to make time to go run at least once in the last 3 days though...but I didn't.
So now I am sitting here writing this blog to avoid running yet again. But now in addition to my upcoming cruise (16 days to go! WooHoo!) I have not one but 2 things on my list to motivate me. So I am going to go upstairs to change and just do it!
Unless I think of another excuse....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was trying to find a good runner's journal , please can you tell me where did you buy it?
my e-mail gabriela.osu@gmail.com

Also, i love your blog =), i m 27 single, with a dog that i love and trying to get fit preparing for a 5k